Voted Food & Drink Awards Best Foraging Education Provider – England South.
As featured in BBC Countryfile Magazine UK Top 10 Foraging Courses
& The Sunday Telegraph Top 5!
This 4 day course (Sundays) provides you with the knowledge and skills to locate, identify and prepare a wide variety of wild foods whilst making sure that you stay within the law and forage sustainably. Whether preparing for a dinner party or a survival situation, this course will give you the inspiration that you need!
“… heartfelt thanks for running such an informative, engaging and perennial course. Wilhelmina had a wonderful time!.. the best birthday gift and one that keeps on giving. Our walks are flavoured with sorrel, perfumed with wild garlic and textured by sedges (with edges).”
2021 DATES & TIMES: (Members attend all 4 dates) – AVAILABLE
- 18th April, 12.30 PM to 4.30 PM
- 9th May, 12.30 PM to 4.30 PM
- 4th July, 12.30 PM to 4.30 PM
- 8th August (feast), 11.00 AM to 4.30 PM (full day)
There will also be an exclusive early mushroom hunting trip to the New Forest in early September which will be offered to the Forager’s Club at the discounted price of £50.00 (normally £90.00)
There are many good sources of wild food that become available in the spring and early summer… tasty vitamin enriched green salad plants, nutty underground tubers, delicate tasting shoots and flower heads and early soft fruits. Some good edible fungi also occur in the spring and summer, like St. George’s mushroom and chicken of the woods. Some are gourmet foods served by the best restaurants and with a little knowledge you can learn to harvest them for yourself.
The Spring & Summer Forager’s Club brings you:
- First hand advice from Fred the Forager so that you can identify your finds properly and safely.
- Knowledge of where to search to maximise your effectiveness and increase your confidence in finding a range of good edible species for the table.
- Experience of foraging in different habitats; riverside, woodlands and wildflower meadows, all within 20 miles of Avebury, Wiltshire.
- 12 months support via our exclusive email forum – send in pictures for identification and useage tips.
- Information on cooking and preserving wild food harvests successfully.
- Direction on how to pick wild foods sustainably without damaging future populations.
- Members can bring one non-paying guest on one of the days and there is a delicious WILD FOOD FEAST on the last day!
I have over 3 decades of foraging experience to bring to your table and have taught thousands of people how to forage. I am also the author of “Poisonous Plants in Great Britain”, so joining the club is an opportunity to gain confidence in foraging safely as well as learning how to avoid all the harmful look-alikes, making sure you take home only fresh gourmet ingredients!
Bookings can be made simply by sending an email to Fred@thewildsideoflife.co.uk (put FORAGER’S CLUB in the subject line). Your place will be secure once full payment has been received via bank transfer (preferred), cheque or PayPal.
Please note gift certificates for 2021 are also now available, price £200.00
If you have already received a gift certificate for this course then your place has been paid for but you must get in touch using the email above to reserve your place.
See you in the wild!