2 Day Practical Medicinal Mushrooms Workshop:
Avebury World Heritage Site, Wiltshire, UK – 17th & 18th June 2023
TAKING BOOKINGS NOW – £200 for the whole weekend!
OPEN TO ALL. 15 hour CPD certificates are available for practitioners.
These are accepted by NIMH, IRH, AMH, ARCH and others.
The course is open to all interested individuals as well as to health-care professionals.
Creating remedies from wild and cultivated medicinal mushrooms.
During this 2 day course you will learn to identify and use a range of wild medicinal fungi from the woodlands and hedgerows together with organically / biodynamically cultivated rarer species such as Cordyceps (or scarlet caterpillar fungus), lion’s mane and reishi, to craft medicinal extracts that will assist the body’s own healing processes to heal from many different health conditions. These include joint inflammation, HSV, HPV, sciatica, mild cognitive impairment, recent nerve damage, poor immunity, viruses like colds and flu, elevated cholesterol levels and many other conditions.
As well as studying the mushrooms themselves we will be investigating the way they interact with our immune system and gut microbiome… so this course is a combination of practical medicine making techniques that you can carry out at home, mushroom identification and some essential theory taught by lectures and slides to make your mushroom medicines effective. You will take home samples of the medicines that you have made to try!
Medical research and clinical trials have attributed a wide range of benefits to medicinal mushrooms in recent years, and whilst they are not a ‘magic-bullet’, certain mushrooms have been shown to provide measurable benefits in managing blood sugar levels, cholesterol metabolism, appetite and immunity as well as providing a superb range of nutritional benefits. As always more research is still needed and the annual investment in this research globally is now large. Around the world, medicinal mushrooms are being used to assist the body to fight serious illnesses such as tuberculosis and some types of cancer, alongside more mainstream therapies.
Time will be taken to talk about the medical implications of using medicinal mushrooms as food supplements, the contra-indications, limits and when not to rely on self-treatment but to seek professional medical advice.
You will take home a sample selection of hand-made mushroom based remedies. Most importantly you will be taking away first-hand knowledge of how to re-create them for yourself!
Course Details for Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th June 2023:
- Location and cost:
Avebury, Wiltshire, UK
£200.00 per person, contact us for more details. Booking now!
Fred Gillam & Natascha Kenyon, of the UKI Mycotherapy Practitioners Register / UKI Medicinal Mushrooms Conference.
- Timing and dates: 9.30 AM to 6.30 PM day 1. 9:30 AM to 4.30 PM day 2
- Includes: Remedies / study materials to take home.
- CPD certificates can be provided for all health practitioners and these are already accepted by the majority of herbalist professional bodies, including NIMH, IRH, AMH and ARCH.
- We will provide tea, coffee and biscuits. The National Trust cafe, Red Lion pub and village shop will all be open for you to grab some food at lunch times (5 minute walk), or bring a packed lunch. Lunch is not provided as part of the course.
- Local B&B and camping details can be provided on request.
- Avebury is on the regular no. 49 bus route (Swindon to Devizes) with buses every half an hour during the day. Swindon is on the London Paddington line.